Spaheadache

Feb 5, 2024
California
Two issues I need desperate advice on. Please help!! Our inground commercial spa was recently replastered, and small amounts of sand spit out. There is no indication of sand when backwashing, "rinse", or broken laterals. What do you think is the possible cause? Problem 2: After the replaster, 4 jets on one pump have very low water pressure. The other 4 work great on a separate pump. We have checked the venturi's for any broken parts or clogged sand. We installed two new pumps after the replaster due to leakage. We also found large amounts of broken plaster in the filter baskets. Could there be an obstruction of plaster causing the low water flow? Would a water bladder flush help? Your input would be greatly helpful as I looked all over the internet for answers, and the pool company that did the replaster is giving me the runaround. :rolleyes:🤪

Welcome to TFP.

How was the spa prepared for the plaster? was there a chipout of the the old plaster? Using what process?

Sure sounds like debris from the work got into the pipes and the broken plaster in the filter basket is a smoking gun.

No telling where the clogs are and what it will take to get to them. You may need someone with a video system they can thread through the pipes to get a look at the problem. You need a patient plumber who has a big tool kit to try different things until some work. It may be expensive paying for this hourly.

Two issues I need desperate advice on. Please help!! Our inground commercial spa was recently replastered, and small amounts of sand spit out. There is no indication of sand when backwashing, "rinse", or broken laterals. What do you think is the possible cause? Problem 2: After the replaster, 4 jets on one pump have very low water pressure. The other 4 work great on a separate pump. We have checked the venturi's for any broken parts or clogged sand. We installed two new pumps after the replaster due to leakage. We also found large amounts of broken plaster in the filter baskets. Could there be an obstruction of plaster causing the low water flow? Would a water bladder flush help? Your input would be greatly helpful as I looked all over the internet for answers, and the pool company that did the replaster is giving me the runaround. :rolleyes:🤪
Likely the jet orifices are clogged causing the poor flow. Drain the spa, and look into the jets. Usually it takes a 3/4" or 7/8" socket on a long extension to carefully unthread an orifice so that it can be cleaned.

Reactions: DavidArmenB
Likely the jet orifices are clogged causing the poor flow. Drain the spa, and look into the jets. Usually it takes a 3/4" or 7/8" socket on a long extension to carefully unthread an orifice so that it can be cleaned.
This is the exact reason why one of my spa jets was so weak. I removed the orifice using a socket and found broken pieces of plastic behind (likely from the disintegrating strainer basket of the old pump).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.