Sand vs Cartridge...yet another thread

So it has been 3 days since I fired it up. I have never seen the water as clear as it is now. The only down side has been the rafts of elm seeds literally covering the entire surface of the pool, so lots of net work and skimmer cleaning. But under the surface, it is fantastic. A slight bit of dirt here and there. Just glad that fresh elm seeds don't sink! Oh dear, I might have to spend 5 min. brushing tomorrow! If this keeps up, I might as well put the vac hose and head in the shed, where sun can't do as much degrading of the plastic. Another cost savings, as I left them out in the sun all summer, since they were used several times a week.

Do you use skimmer socks or hairnets? Really cuts down on skimmer cleaning time…
Normally yes. For elms, the seeds are too large to pass through the skimmer baskets, yet when wet cling to any fabric like material. So much easier to just scoop out of the skimmer by hand, as they just float on the surface, and almost never get down to the basket grid work. When cottonwood time comes in a bit, the story will change, and the socks go in! Last night, I dumped all that I netted and took out of the skimmers into a 2 gallon bucket. Had to empty it twice (!) And that was just for less than a days accumulation. My yard looks like it snowed. The neighbors tress, that I am positive have Dutch Elm. But until the city/county mandate their removal....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.