Altamont NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I’m trying to decide if this sand or dirt that collects in the corners is coming from my sand filter. I have had a robot since I bought the house and have never pole vacuumed. I don’t think I have the stuff to do it. The pool always is spotless after the robot does its thing but is it possible the robot is just stirring up the sediment and it filters back out later? Like is it the same sand that just won’t get picked up or is it new sand every day??
I think you’re all going to tell me to get a manual vac and vacuum to waste but interested if anyone has an opinion.

IMG_1180.jpegIMG_1181.jpeg

It's important to know if it's sand or dirt. Sand should feel gritty. If it is sand, then you need to confirm it's coming from the sand filter (most likely) unless you have sand nearby. One way to do that is to clean the pool then run it on recirculate for a day or so. No sand after placing it on recirculate means it's probably the filter (laterals, center pipe, etc).

If it's not gritty (sand), then you'll need to confirm if it's just dirt, or worse yet algae settling to the floor. If you get to that point, you might consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, especially if you never did one after opening this season.

I’ve been a little busy lately but I managed to collect a sample. It didn’t feel gritty like sand but idk is it’s dirt or algae. There’s a bunch of small whitish things in it that I guess are probably from a plant but the brownish dirt could be anything. How do I tell?

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.