Sand filter pressure issue

MStein

Mar 8, 2023
Modesto, CA
So I installed a new Hayward S310 and Multi-port valve this week. My pool was full of dirt from not having a filter for a month. I've got most of it cleared out. My starting pressure is 20psi and will rise to 30psi within an hour or so. But if I shut it off and back on again, the pressure goes back to 20psi. and in an hour or so its back up to 30psi. I want to leave it on all night but I'm afraid of how far it might go. and if I turn on my pool sweep, the pressure goes up even faster. When The pressure goes up to 30 and I turn it off, when i turn it back on, shouldn't it be at 30?

When The pressure goes up to 30 and I turn it off, when i turn it back on, shouldn't it be at 30?
Theoretically. If your baseline is 20, you should backwash when your pressure rises to 25. Did you backwash when the pressure rises to 25? Be diligent with the backwash when pressure hits 25. My guess is that it just takes a bit for the debris to force the pressure higher. May take a few short cycles of backwash, rise to 25, rinse/repeat to start to clear the dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.