Sand Filter/NEW pool Owner

The only way the rain will hurt you is if you don't want to get wet and don't go out to add your 1/2 gallon of bleach daily!

If you put your filter on "filter", keep an eye on it. That dead algae will cause your pressure to rise. You need to backwash at about 25% over "clean" (just backwashed and rinsed) filter pressure.

Did you get your test kit ordered?

Perfect! Just please don't add too much bleach trying to hurry things along. Since we don't know the correct chlorine level to fix things, stay at 1/2 gallon per day. Too much chlorine can bleach your liner and cause it to become brittle.

Did you ever figure out your water depth?

Good morning I was wondering it's been two days and I have a lot of algae float so I've been skimming that from the top along with tadpoles. Do I need to backwash some of the water out and add more? Also until I get my test kit should I take my water to.some of the pools stores just to see where my levels are

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Okay. Now is as good a time as any. Your gauge is new so it should be fine, but first check it anyway.
Whenever you change multi port positions, always turn off the power to the pump.
Turn off the power and see if gauge goes to zero. If zero, you're good.

Next, turn valve to "filter" and turn the power back on. Then make sure you have some kind of hose coming out of your system to divert water away from your equipment. Also find a glass or plastic fitting on your pump. Run that for a while and I will be right back with next steps.

See post above for first steps. Next. Turn power off, switch valve to backwash.

Turn on. Water will gush out of that hose. Watch the water in the sight glass until it runs clear. (Or at least no particles. Your water may not be "clear" in color...) this should normally take between 1-3 minutes depending on how dirty the filter is, but today, lean towards a longer period so we know it's clean. Turn off.

Switch to rinse. Turn on. Watch sight glass until water becomes clear, but at least 60 seconds.*
Turn off.

Switch valve to filter. Turn on. Record the psi as your "clean" psi.

*Some people only rinse for 30 seconds, but since we are trying to establish your clean psi, go for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.