Sand Filter & Multiport Replacement

First reaction? That shed has got to go!! Why the previous owner thought moving everything onto a plywood floored base - and then cut away the support joist under it, was a good idea is a mystery for the ages! That filter alone is a large amount of weight on rotten, unsupported plywood!
Likely the concrete pad is still very useable. Perhaps you can get a few pics of it by holding your phone camera under that side of the shed, or via the hole in the floor.
While the electrical box seems to be in pretty rough shape, it appears that you would not even need to disconnect anything for the shed removal.
The SWCG control box would need a post or similar afterwards to be mounted to.
You've already "mastered" plumbing, so redoing it all to get rid of that Rube Goldberg mess of piping would help a lot in optimizing the flow of water. The challenges would be getting new unions and a flow switch where the 90's are so close to the filter, SWCG, and the pump inlet.
Others can better address whether to replace the filter, or not. Although I might tend to lean to the "or not" side of the question.
Ditto on the pump, especially as a new one would likely mean another slight redo of the plumbing.

Reactions: Webster
First reaction? That shed has got to go!! Why the previous owner thought moving everything onto a plywood floored base - and then cut away the support joist under it, was a good idea is a mystery for the ages! That filter alone is a large amount of weight on rotten, unsupported plywood!
Likely the concrete pad is still very useable. Perhaps you can get a few pics of it by holding your phone camera under that side of the shed, or via the hole in the floor.
While the electrical box seems to be in pretty rough shape, it appears that you would not even need to disconnect anything for the shed removal.
The SWCG control box would need a post or similar afterwards to be mounted to.
You've already "mastered" plumbing, so redoing it all to get rid of that Rube Goldberg mess of piping would help a lot in optimizing the flow of water. The challenges would be getting new unions and a flow switch where the 90's are so close to the filter, SWCG, and the pump inlet.
Others can better address whether to replace the filter, or not. Although I might tend to lean to the "or not" side of the question.
Ditto on the pump, especially as a new one would likely mean another slight redo of the plumbing.
I had to Google Rube Goldberg before I found the hilarity in that sentence. For the record I only repiped the suction side of that setup and I cannot figure out why there are so many couplers between the pump and the filter.

Unfortunately this is right out of the playbook of the previous owners. Everything I touch in this house seems to have been repaired/upgraded by the ill-equipped DIY homeowner in the most non-sensical way. But I digress. You can see the edge of the concrete if you look through the hole in the floor and at least that part looks pretty solid. There are 3 more wood joists that run from front to back that touch the ground and support the floor joists and that's likely the saving grace for the equipment.

Unfortunately this is right out of the playbook of the previous owners. Everything I touch in this house seems to have been repaired/upgraded by the ill-equipped DIY homeowner in the most non-sensical way
He owned both my houses before yours !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.