San Antonio fiberglass pool builders/installers?

fordt

Aug 23, 2022
Texas
Looking to put a small (<7000 gals) pool in. Any experiences, preferably good but bad as well, with local fiberglass pool companies? We’ve researched a few, Leisure Pools (Latham and Aviva), Lonestar Fiberglass Pools, and the San Juan pool rep who is brand new to this area.

Yup, we looked at them and with the smaller pool we’re contemplating, couldn’t come up with a Latham model we liked in a size. Really want a constant depth pool that’s at least 4’6”….
Thanks!

Got a bid from Lonestar Fiberglass pools that was not too heinous in price…..BUT, they (ridiculously) want 50% 2 weeks PRIOR to excavation and then the remaining 50% UPON DELIVERY OF THE POOL! That’s nuts, as if someone is gonna hand over half the purchase price before the pool is even in the ground, before lines are run, and before a final walk around for punch list type items. There’s also a line in the contract that’s states “they nor any subsidiary companies, will not be held liable for any concrete or paver issues; nor do they imply or express any warranty for concrete or paver decking or patios. Concrete will be installed to the best of the contractors ability; however, concrete will crack under the best circumstances. Decking (concrete or pavers) warranty is issued directly from the concrete/paver subcontractor”……yeah right…..as if all the serious finish items are exempt from inspection, withholding payment or whatever. Needless to say, I’ve asked if I can find a reputable pool installler with fiberglass experience, I’ve asked if they can sell the shell only….Further research into them has produced some less than desirable reviews….with BBB and corporation/contractor sites…

they (ridiculously) want 50% 2 weeks PRIOR to excavation and then the remaining 50% UPON DELIVERY OF THE POOL!
That is scary. Not a comfortable feeling.

“they nor any subsidiary companies, will not be held liable for any concrete or paver issues; nor do they imply or express any warranty for concrete or paver decking or patios. Concrete will be installed to the best of the contractors ability; however, concrete will crack under the best circumstances.
Sounds like a typical response to protect themselves from our horrible black clay soil conditions. No warm fuzzy feelings for sure.

Today they said they’ll sell their shell to an installer of my choice…….with no warranty with it. Which I can understand, but here’s hoping the San Juan dealer/installer is better. I did hear from the solar pump guy at Sunray/Natural Current and a few of his clients I managed to track down, and it looks like a great setup for solar only pumping and filtering!👍🏼

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.