Saltwater spa - filter cleaning ..

SallyD

Oct 8, 2020
Chaska, MN
Hello all.. I have a new spa with a saltwater system. The first time I cleaned one of the filters with a filter cleaner (with much rinsing), it bumped the salt up over the high threshold and the saltwater system shut itself down. Had to drain and start over to get the salt down. When I cleaned filters again, I just used 1/4 bleach/water mix. That did not raise the salt levels in the spa.

Anybody have saltwater spa? How are you cleaning your filters to not disrupt salt levels? Thank you!

Welcome to TFP :)

Interesting, I just use a high pressure hose wand to clean them and nothing else... if it happens again just add a little fresh water in to dilute the salt water :)

Thanks for the reply cowboycasey. I used filter cleaner again this week on one of them. I rinsed (and rinsed and rinsed) with a high pressure sprayer. I also just soaked it in plain water, changing the water twice. I'm going back out to my cabin tomorrow and will see how it goes this time. The salt went so high last time, I drained it to the seat tops, topped it off, and the salt was still too high. Had to drain completely. Don't want to do that again! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.