Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My local brick and mortar store told me they would give me a big discount on their salt if I got the system through them. Normally they sell it for $41.99 for a 27.9# bag but my price would be $16.79. Morton pool salt at HD is $7.18 for a 40# bag.

Salt is salt, right?

Normally they sell it for $41.99 for a 27.9#
That's not salt it's bioguard mineral springs beginnings. Which is mostly salt, but STUPIDLY overpriced salt.

Salt comes in 40lb bags, even at the pool store.

I was on the mineral springs turnip truck for a loooooooong time. For 7 years it cost around $1500 a season and now its $150 or so for a 34k gallon pool.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
That's not salt it's bioguard mineral springs beginnings. Which is mostly salt, but STUPIDLY overpriced salt.

Salt comes in 40lb bags, even at the pool store.
That is correct it, was Mineral Springs Beginnings. They said they would charge me the same price as the regular salt, so I guess that is $16.79 for a 40# bag. Still outrageous.

I learned a long time ago that I was never going to buy anything at that store. I only went there to see what I would have to pay for TradeGrade products installed by a Pentair preferred installer in order to get the bundled warranty. They didn't even bring that up, but that is a topic for another thread.

Reactions: Newdude
They said they would charge me the same price as the regular salt, so I guess that is $16.79 for a 40# bag. Still outrageous.
Stay away. Lol.

$16.79 for a 28lb bag isn't the same as $16.79 for a 40 lb bag. And charging $17 for plain Jane salt is also highway robbery. :ROFLMAO:

What they're not telling you is you'll need two $22 bags of weekly renewal on the Mineral Springs regimen. Besides the close to $50 a week (after tax), all of their companion products are as ridiculously overpriced. It's the #poolstored gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: HermanTX
If you need a lot of salt for a new setup Homedepot will deliver it for $35 ( or did for me.
I ordered 18 bags and drive a Honda civic so worth it.

Also walmart will deliver salt if you’re a walmart + member but only get Morton not Clorox.

Reactions: Newdude
If you need a lot of salt for a new setup Homedepot will deliver it for $35 ( or did for me.
I ordered 18 bags and drive a Honda civic so worth it.

Also walmart will deliver salt if you’re a walmart + member but only get Morton not Clorox.
That’s one option. In the spring I needed 800 lbs of marble chip stone in 40 lb bags from HD. I ordered it online for curbside pickup. They brought it out and loaded it in the truck for me.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.