Salt water winter pool result question

Any other answers as to where my salt is going?

My first year of ownership I hardly had to add any salt so this is very weird

CYA is another chemical that is not consumed and is not in your fill water. Is that also decreasing in a similar fashion to the salt? If so, that would point to a leak unless you have had very obvious overflowing of the pool.

I definitely lose some cya and this right here is why ..when it rains that basin fills and it overflows...or if I turn my valves a certain way to not circulate the basin water back into the pool it can overflow. It is very difficult to keep that basin at a good level, its always too low or too high.

Attachments

• IMG_9176.jpeg
    IMG_9176.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 11
I definitely lose some cya and this right here is why ..when it rains that basin fills and it overflows...or if I turn my valves a certain way to not circulate the basin water back into the pool it can overflow. It is very difficult to keep that basin at a good level, its always too low or too high.
@Newdude Curious as to what the water and outdoor temps are when getting these low salt readings. Anyone have any numbers?

Curious as to what the water and outdoor temps are when getting these low salt readings.
Most of us have wet springs which can be fun to keep up with. On top of that, many of us aren't exactly keeping close tabs on it like we would mid season, so salt and CYA might dip a bit, especially if there's another reason for overflow such as OPs.

There will be a similar drop in the off season., just with less drop from less time elapsed down south.