ROSEVILLE
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello, I have a plaster salt water pool, Approx 15k gallons that is almost 8 years old. I use the Hayward goldline pro logic control unit. I replaced the salt cell about 2 years(T15), recently had the control board refurbished to clean up the solder joint issues that these units suffer from. The pool store says my salt level is 3300ppm, when I reverse the polarity under the diagnostic menu I get a reading of -28.32v -3.39a and salt level at 1200ppm.. But when it is on positive I get
+27.05 +5.86a and salt level of 2700 ppm. What could be causing these erratic readings? Thank you for any help you can give me..

Scott

Half of your cell is not functioning properly. Could be your board with more problems or the cell failing.

Take the cell into a pool store who tests Hayward cells and see what they say.

Is it a genuine Hayward cell?

Half of your cell is not functioning properly. Could be your board with more problems or the cell failing.

Take the cell into a pool store who tests Hayward cells and see what they say.

Is it a genuine Hayward cell?
It is a generic cell and has worked fine for the first year or so.. I did not know pool Stores could test a salt cell..I will look into that..

It is a generic cell and has worked fine for the first year or so.. I did not know pool Stores could test a salt cell..I will look into that..

I don't know if a Pool Store will test a generic cell.

Contact the company you got your cell from and see if they will cover it under warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.