Salt water generator installation location

hbplnoob

Feb 3, 2021
Fair Oaks, CA
My pool guy installed the SWG right after the pump before the inlet into the pool filter. Looking at the tech manual for the SWG, it seems the preferred location is after the outlet of the filter. BTW, I do not have a pool water heater so the outlet of the filter currently returns directly to the pool.

In my mind, before the filter, impure water with algae and other debris passes through the SWG thereby making the corrosion of the plates faster. The other problem I see is that as the pool filter gets clogged after a routine clean up, the SWG needs a higher flow in terms of increased RPM of the pool pump to get the SWG activated thereby increasing my electricity bill. I have not even understood if the chlorine generation and salt water content calculations are even accurate in my current scenario.

Pool pump, filter and the SWG are all by Pentair. Pool is rectangular about 32'x15' and 17k gallons.

What are the implications of my current installation? Should I get that moved to after the pool filter? Very curious about anyone's opinion.

1690071689695.png

1690071627919.png

Attachments

• 1690071679198.png
    1690071679198.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.