Jsf721

Jun 24, 2022
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a vacation home and pool maintenance is a bear. I tend to over chlorinate when I leave Sunday and shock Friday evening when I arrive and balance Saturday and Sunday. I use the chlorinator with pucks all week. My Cya drifts up mid summer and I dump and refill too much.

Need something reliable. I am afraid that if the swg fails I’ll come out to a swamp.

Do I need a system I can remotely monitor so I know when it fails ! Or is there a better way.

Need something reliable. I am afraid that if the swg fails I’ll come out to a swamp.
Once dialed in to that point in the season, the SWG can go weeks on its own. The daily UV loss throughout the season typically resembles a bell curve, but no 2 seasons are alike so sometimes the adjustments last 2 weeks and sometimes 6. But either way, it can go 5-7 days very reliably.

I joke that I take a 2 week staycation every 2 weeks.
I am afraid that if the swg fails I’ll come out to a swamp
You already have that concern and you need to drain the pool too frequently the current way. (y)

This ☝️☝️☝️
Wyze cams are cheap - i have one pointed at the pool with skimmer & return in view & check in when on vacation at appropriate times to make sure things are running on schedule like my robot, that the pool comes on, the water level is good etc. I am adding one this season at the equipment pad so I can see the lights of my swg & possible leaks.
If there’s a problem I can then make a call to get it remedied.

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Cameras are a good suggestion for monitoring. An issue we had was a power outage while away. The pump timer may or may not reset depending on the outage duration but the intermatic timer for the SWCG will be affected and out of sync. The easy solution is to run the pump 24/7 while away. Having someone nearby to reset the clocks works, as long as you have the ability to recognize an outage while away. A power outage would also affect a camera and the wifi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.