Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After 6 years, my liner looks so faded that one may think it's 20 years old. So I am wondering is this the works from the Sun and Chlorine? Will changing over to a SWG will keep it looking newer longer? Just trying to prepare when the day comes to replace the liner... Thanks..

Hey Sparkmaster !! The liner get the same sun regardless of water type, and if the FC is the same regardless of water type, the liner doesn’t know or care which water you have. All it knows it that the FC is 8. (It won’t share that secret of course, you’ll have to test yourself).

Now, let’s say that you kept a FC with one type of water and then changed but kept a different FC. The liner would age differently, not because of the chlorine addition method, but because of how much chlorine was added.

Reactions: Sparkmaster
A normal chlorine pool is a salt water pool, I bet your salt content is between 1000 to 2000 ppm.. pool liners are bleached out by sun and UV... Some liners last longer than others.... My Intex liner lost all its blue color and is now just one light blue on the entire pool except under the ladder, it still has some dark blue but it is always in the shade... :)

Reactions: Sparkmaster
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.