Salt PPM Accuracy

tiride

Apr 30, 2015
Neptune Beach, FL
My IntelliConnect/IntelliChlor IC40 shows my salt level in 3500ppm. Testing with my Taylor K-1766 I get 3200 ppm. While I understand either reading is within normal I'm just curious which is more accurate not if it would make sense to use the average between the two.

The IC40's margin of error is ±500ppm.
The K-1766's margin of error is about 10%.

Trust the Taylor test result, don't average the two. The IC40's margin of error is when it is working. But it's notorious for its salt testing capabilities failing. The Taylor test is not only more accurate but it generally doesn't fail (while the reagents have yet to expire).

Last edited:
The IC40's margin of error is ±500ppm.
The K-1766's margin of error is about 10%.

Trust the Taylor test result, don't average the two. The IC40's margin of error is when it is working. One of the things it's notorious for losing is its salt testing capabilities. The Taylor test doesn't lose its testing capabilities until the reagents expires (and really, not by much even then).
Good to know. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.