Round Rock, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
When I have the water tested at a pools store, what they say & what my equipment says seem to be close. 3200 - 3800 ppm.
When I test with the test kit, TF100, my results are 2400 - 2800 ppm.
Am I doing something wrong?

I would only trust results from my own K-1766 Taylor Salt test. Pool store, equipment, test strips etc have all been proven inaccurate.
Drop-based testing is the gold standard.

Rocky is your SWCG producing chlorine gas?
Is your FC staying in your target zone for your CYA at your typical cell run %?
If it is then don't be in a rush to raise your salt ppm.
Are you using a magnetic stir bar when testing salt with the Taylor reagent drop test?
If you do need to raise your salt ppm then estimate and add the amount needed to raise it by 200ppm and test after a day or two. Be sure to not overshoot your target.

Rocky is your SWCG producing chlorine gas?
Is your FC staying in your target zone for your CYA at your typical cell run %?
If it is then don't be in a rush to raise your salt ppm.
Are you using a magnetic stir bar when testing salt with the Taylor reagent drop test?
If you do need to raise your salt ppm then estimate and add the amount needed to raise it by 200ppm and test after a day or two. Be sure to not overshoot your target.
The SWG is not working at all. I am waiting to get a new control board. I get an error code that says my ctrl brd is bad. For 18 years I have been within a reasonable margin with 2 of the local stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.