Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello,
Assistance needed if possible…I have a Hayward salt generator, T-15 cell. Everything works great except for one draw back. When my pump shuts down for the night, my average salt levels drop below allowable generating levels. In the morning with the levels low, my generator indicates low salt and due to this it is not generating chlorine. I know this is not the case because when I shut off the generator and turn it back on the instant read number is 3800. I then switch it to super chlorinate and back to auto so the numbers match. I have to do this every morning or else my average salt reading is too low to generate chlorine. I have cleaned the celll thinking that may help but no luck.
Any advise would be appreciated,
Greg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
The SWCG should have the power completely removed from it when the pump is not running.
This is both a safety item plus it is likely the flow switch has failed on your SWCG and thus it is creating the condition to effect the performance of the cell (that is how they calculate salinity).

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.