Florida
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Good chart.
One thing I did was put the number of drops on each bottle
For example for testing TA, with a sharpie, put 2x on R-0007 bottle and 5x on the R-0008 bottle. I also always put the sample size, ie. 10ml.
This way when you pick up the bottle it is a reminder of how many drops for each And your sample volume.

Over time, as you add more “stuff” (just like adding lures to a tackle box), I use a dedicated cylinder for each test.
Some else mentioned a Speedstirrer, I went about 3 months manually swirling and then found the best tool in the box is a Speedstirrer. It helps with consistency of your testS. I have a dedicated magnetic stirrer pill for each test as well.
When I received the TF-100 (salt) test kit it seemed a bit overwhelming with the various chems so wanted to share my experience and thoughts, having used it for the first time today. It all really does make sense. In my opinion the instructions can be written a little differently, but I am a linear thinker which I know is not everyone's style. Either way, I compiled a chart that made sense to me and wanted to share it in the event it would benefit other first time TF-100 users. I seem to be unable to upload the Excel version so people could modify it to serve their needs. Sorry about that.
  • Before starting the testing I found it helpful to have a towel (to dry my hands after getting the pool samples), a paper towel (upon which to set all the test containers after rinsing them) and a pen/pencil. And reading glasses if you are of a certain age! I also grouped the chemicals into the tests for which they were needed.
  • To take a sample from a foot below the surface keep the test container upside down when dunking it in the pool and then turn it right side up at about the foot under water mark, which will fill the container. Shake it to splash out the water down to the necessary level.
  • Before getting started on the CYA test, the top of the mixing bottle dropper needs to be cut off with a sharp knife. Also, the R-0013 solution has a seal on the top which must be removed by unscrewing the cap.
  • Mixing the chemicals is not quite like swirling a wine glass. I found swirling it while on a table worked best.
  • It helped me to think about how many potential drops of chemicals I would estimate to be needed on the FC, TA, CH & Salt tests as the final result calculation is based on the number of drops to have the solution change color. For example, my FC was unusually high and used 32 drops. We aren't talking one or two, but would normally expect about 10. Be patient though when you believe you are getting close to the solution turning the necessary color. Swirl a little extra before adding the next drop.
It took me about an hour the first time going through the testing, taking my time to understand everything and ensure I was doing the tests correctly. I expect when I am more comfortable it will all take under 10 minutes from taking out the test kit to putting it away.

I hope this is in some way helpful to people getting started with the TF-100 test kit.

View attachment 491520View attachment 491528
great chart...thanks!
i just received tfs salt pro kit and also was left wanting for the sodium chloride (salt) test instructions.
Q/R code was helpful for recommended levels but also ne reference to the salt test or ideal level.

is there a recommended salt level?

my system with jandy swg displays 3.0 - 3.5

thanks!

is there a recommended salt level?

my system with jandy swg displays 3.0 - 3.5

Different SWGs have different recommended salt level. So there is no one recommended salt level. It depends on the SWG you have. Check your SWG manual.

Jandy SWG 3.0 - 3.5 is 3,000 to 3,500 ppm of salt.

thanks ajw22!

I was able to determine that my jandy control center display for salinity was inaccurate, so was able to calibrate it based on the salt level test in the TF100 Salt Pro kit.