Bakersfield, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 760
Hello, I have a Breeze BRZ540SGS2 system that sprung a leak in the salt cell plastic housing in November. I tried to patch it with Flex Seal and Flex Tape with no luck. I found the replacement part on a discount pool supply website for $95 but it is out of stock and I can't find it anywhere else.

A local pool repair guy wants $550 to fix it and he has the part.

Here is the issue

Any input is appreciated.

Hello, I have a Breeze BRZ540SGS2 system that sprung a leak in the salt cell plastic housing in November. I tried to patch it with Flex Seal and Flex Tape with no luck. I found the replacement part on a discount pool supply website for $95 but it is out of stock and I can't find it anywhere else.

Here is the issue

That’s cell is a bit undersized for your pool so I’m not sure I’d spend half the cost of a new cell Just to repair an old one. If it’s more than a couple years old, I might just replace it with one that is twice the size of your pool volume

That’s cell is a bit undersized for your pool so I’m not sure I’d spend half the cost of a new cell Just to repair an old one. If it’s more than a couple years old, I might just replace it with one that is twice the size of your pool volume
What salt cell system would you recommend?

If you can't find a replacement part and want to attempt a repair, I'd highly recommend Plast-aid. It yields much better results than epoxy. I used it to repair my cracked SWG. It bonds extremely well with PVC, and it's unbelievably strong.

Waterproof Plastic Repair Kits Fixes cracked ABS PVC Acrylic Wood More

6oz_400x.jpg

Reactions: Saturn94
What salt cell system would you recommend?
Depending on whether you have automation that needs to be compatible with the SWCG, the circupool RJ-60 is a good option and I happen to use it as well. Discountsaltpool.com sometimes has upgrades from the smaller model to the larger model for $10. (Looks like it’s $20 now and the base prices are higher than 3 years ago as well) The warranty is also DIY friendly.

Depending on whether you have automation that needs to be compatible with the SWCG, the circupool RJ-60 is a good option and I happen to use it as well. Discountsaltpool.com sometimes has upgrades from the smaller model to the larger model for $10. (Looks like it’s $20 now and the base prices are higher than 3 years ago as well) The warranty is also DIY friendly.
Thank you

Do you know anything about this one from Leslie's?

Nothing other than it’s too small for your pool. The ratings they use are based on setting the device to 100% output and running for 24 hours and you don’t want to do that. You need one rated for 60k gallons of your pool is 30k gallons.
Thank you

Here is the issue

Wholesale on the housing is about $180.00, so they would run out quickly at $95.00. Here's the housing, for the same price as I could get it at a wholesaler (easy DIY repair if you are careful):

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wholesale on the housing is about $180.00, so they would run out quickly at $95.00. Here's the housing, for the same price as I could get it at a wholesaler (easy DIY repair if you are careful):
I tried plastic weld yesterday since it was in stock at a local store and I could get it quickly and after that cured for a couple hours now the leak is an extremely slow small drip. No one locally had plast-aid but I ordered it the same day someone else on this thread suggested it and I'll try adding that to see if it stops the leak entirely. Hopefully I won't have to change the housing after all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_190227_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_190227_Gallery.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1
If you can't find a replacement part and want to attempt a repair, I'd highly recommend Plast-aid. It yields much better results than epoxy. I used it to repair my cracked SWG. It bonds extremely well with PVC, and it's unbelievably strong.

Waterproof Plastic Repair Kits Fixes cracked ABS PVC Acrylic Wood More

6oz_400x.jpg
I tried plastic weld yesterday since it was in stock at a local store and I could get it quickly. After that cured for a couple hours now the leak is an extremely slow small drip. No one locally had plast-aid but I ordered it the same day you suggested and it is still on the way. I'll try adding that to see if it stops the leak entirely. Hopefully I won't have to change the housing after all.

I tried plastic weld yesterday since it was in stock at a local store and I could get it quickly. After that cured for a couple hours now the leak is an extremely slow small drip. No one locally had plast-aid but I ordered it the same day you suggested and it is still on the way. I'll try adding that to see if it stops the leak entirely. Hopefully I won't have to change the housing after all.
PlastAid is an excellent product. Unfortunately, while the repair will be permanent, the product chemically etches into the plastic, it won't stop a cracked part from continuing to crack. You can try drilling very small (1/16") holes at each end of the crack and that may stop it from going further. The PlastAid will fill a hole like that with no problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.