Salt Cell near end of life?

It sounds like you inherited the system... Its bizarre that you didn't see weirdness associated from the wiring before.
good lesson to learn..that if the unit continues to get power, the logic of the system will continue to receive salt readings. i'll file that one away...

BTW thanks so much for posting back your solution.. its so frustrating when you don't get to the end of the story!

The system would have the inspect cell and check salt lights on for 1 or more hours when the filter pump would start up for the day, then eventually clear as the salinity reading would normalize. Everytime I looked at the SWG it was after it cleared, so it looked ok. I did not notice it was doing this until a rat chewed through the flow sensor cable, and I started watching the SWG closer to make sure the repair worked.

The problem this wiring caused was it would take the SWG a while to normalize after the pump started. So, I noticed they had the desired output higher to compensate for the reduced time the SWG was actually generating chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.