Flowery Branch, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I really don't know if I'm doing the right thing by asking this question, given the current covid-19 stupidity that is going on, but I will anyway. And please, don't go out and panic buy every last grain of salt you can find; I'm just asking a question.

I usually just get 40lb bags of Morton at the orange store. It's cheap, conveniently close to me, and seems to work just fine. Right now though, I can't find any of the usual players with any in stock. I haven't physically been to all of them in a 10 mile radius, but online they say they have none. Is this usual for this time of year, or is there some knock-on effect from the pandemic with transport and supply shortages?

Any thoughts anyone?

I am renting a truck and stocking up in case I run out..I have 750 rolls of Toilet paper and now 200 bags of salt :) JK

But a good point, as more folks buy SWG it may be hard to find salt. Maybe try the water solfener type from HD?

From past experience this is the time of year that stores start to stock pool salt.. There was what I considered the usual amount at my local Walmart in the display pallet. Not sure what is going in on in your locale.. I'm sure if we start a rumor that pool salt can be used in place of TP that it will disappear from the shelves in a jiffy ;) /sarcasm folks/;)

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
We get our salt from Sam's Club. They were running low, but I think it was the left over stock from last season. Even though we don't really have a "season". Pretty much year round here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.