NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
This pool was installed by previous owners who used a tarp and water bags in the winter. After two winters of this, we need something that is more low maintenance and are getting quotes for pool covers.

As you can see, we only have pavers on one side of the pool which makes things challenging. We were advised not to use lawn stakes because it pulls the lawn over time, and the stakes have to be adjusted often. The best option seems to be a custom cover which covers/overlaps a bit of the bluestone and is anchored into the stone surrounding the pool.

Any thoughts/ suggestions/ things to ask the pool guy before we commit? I don't love having to drill into the bluestone, but I don't think we have another option.

Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 11.51.47 AM.png

Got it. Talk to me about the lawn part.. what exactly could the fallout look like? Mounds of grass pulled up?

You can probably use a core drill to drill through the coping and into the bond beam so that you can use paver tubes.

This way, the force will go into the bond beam and not pull the coping loose.

You will probably need D-rings or short springs.

You can use paver tubes on the opposite side to provide the necessary tension.

Contact Loop-Loc to see what they recommend.

Got it. Talk to me about the lawn part.. what exactly could the fallout look like? Mounds of grass pulled up?

Where in NJ are you? NJ has a wide variety of different soils from clay to sand.

Get an 18"-24" steel rod and try and hammer it into the ground at and angle around you pool and see how well it holds as you pull on it. In many areas it will hold very solid.

Where in NJ are you? NJ has a wide variety of different soils from clay to sand.

Get an 18"-24" steel rod and try and hammer it into the ground at and angle around you pool and see how well it holds as you pull on it. In many areas it will hold very solid.
I'm in Bergen County.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.