Safe to use thrichlore tablets in pool with Sodium hypochlorite?

puchasr

May 27, 2015
NW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I use the Liquid Chlorinator (Sodium Hypochlorite 12.5% ) from Menards for regular day to day pool sanitation. Can I add Menards Chlorinating tablets (Trichloro-s-triazinetrione 99.3% ) to a inline chlorine feeder to maintain the pool while away for a week? Just read something about not mixing different chlorine types and wondering if this is safe. I can also use a floating tablet dispenser if its safer. Any thoughts...

Mixing different types is related to using trichlor or dichlor in the same feeder. Even if one has been totally dissolved and the feeder is now empty. Don’t do it!

I have used bleach and Cal Hypo in the past and used a trichlor feeder for vacation. Using liquid chlorine and a feeder for vacation will be OK. Just expect your stabilizer to increase with the use of Trichlor.

Thanks, my last CYA test was 35 a week ago, I'll use just a couple of tablets. The inline feeder holds 4 max and has a 1-6 dial. It was included with my pool package when I got it but I don't use it since I follow the tfp advice.

Attachments

• 16897121757988136774809740696658.jpg
    16897121757988136774809740696658.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks, my last CYA test was 35 a week ago, I'll use just a couple of tablets. The inline feeder holds 4 max and has a 1-6 dial. It was included with my pool package when I got it but I don't use it since I follow the tfp advice.
Be aware that when you open the Trichlor bucket it is going to off gas - do not breathe in the fumes! I am paranoid about things like that so I would take a deep breath, hold it, open the lid and walk away for a minute or so. Same thing with wet tabs as well, I kept my family and pets away from the area as well.

I had bought an in ground feeder (no AG feeders 20+ years ago) that I could load up with a lot of tabs just so I didn't come home to a green pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.