Bronze Supporter
May 24, 2022
Kansas City
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is probably a dumb question, but want to ask before I screw something up since I inherited this pool. Our pool has a stamped concrete portion, and then around the pool a lighter colored "cool" coating on it so it doesn't burn our feet.

Are both of these surfaces safe to power wash? They're dirty, and I'm OCD. I want to wash them before I open the pool. I'm more concerned with the cool feel coating than the stamped patio, but wanted to double check with people who may know.

Also, is there any sealing that needs to be done on that cool feel decking every year, or any other maintenance schedule I should be aware of? You can see the two different surface in my photo. (susnet yesterday after a long day of yard work prepping for spring).

decking.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Mdragger88
Very low pressure and a wide angle fan tip on the KoolDeck. It’s an acrylic based coating (like paint) and a power washer can easily dig into it and chip it off. Start on the lowest possible pressure and work up. You might be better off scrubbing the deck with a mild, neutral pH cleaner and then just hosing it off. Use a stiff Tampico brush to scrub with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.