Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

I'm not even concerned with it any longer. I just gave all my bleach away to my brother.

Jim is out of intensive care. He's been thoroughly knocked out n will continue to be that way for awhile in the step down unit. He's got a brain bleed which is still being monitored by the neurological team. He's been put on anti seizure medicine n given ativan every 4 hours to keep him sedated.

He has massive, n I mean massive head wounds that were closed up this morning sometime. We don't knowjust yet if he will require plastic surgery to fix it better or to remove dying or dead tissue. He has extensive road rash from his rt side from his shoulder to his foot. The bruising has set in and is very deep. He knows his name, his birth date, where he is by name of hospital n who the president is. They said he will walk out of there n live a good life n return to work but just not right now. He's got a long road to recovery!!!

I am glad to hear he is doing alright given the circumstamce!

You are in my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He knows his name, his birth date, where he is by name of hospital n who the president is. They said he will walk out of there n live a good life n return to work but just not right now. He's got a long road to recovery!!!
These all sound very positive and Jim sounds like a fighter who will get through this. My continued prayers are with him and your family.

Good news that he's awake and knows who/where he is.
I pray God gives you both stength.

When the time is right perhaps you can continue the project and maybe the pool can serve as a physiotherapy pool.
Best wishes!

Oh, my...I'm just sitting down reading through your latest posts and saw this...I'm so sorry, I'm glad to hear that he is doing OK. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim is still heavily sedated. His brain bleed has not gotten worse but he's on anti seizing medication at the moment. He was up and walking yesterday with the therapist. WALKING! Just unbelievable that he can walk after what he has been through just 24 hours after the accident.

I found the scene of the accident today by chance. It's like God was guiding me to a total stranger's house where I asked him if he knew anything about the accident. He asked me how I knew him and I said, I'm his wife. He just looked at me and said he was so sorry. He took me to the porch and sat me down to tell me how he was flagged down by a woman who found Jim 10 ft from the road in tall grass. She was driving and found his bike on the road just a few feet from him. He was making a left corner turn and slid on gravel that was washed onto the road from all the rain. He started skidding and he tried to bring the bike up to center and started tipping to the right from over-compensation and he lost it. He hit a gravel drive for gas well trucks and that is what separated him from the bike and he landed in the tall grass parallel to the road. If I had to guess, I would say that he was on the bike out of control for 50 yards and ate the pavement for 20 ft before stopping.

I am shocked that he is still alive. He had a million angels riding with him that day. He's got just as many pulling him through this. God has a plan for him this I am sure. He is fighting his way through it. I am just devastated and totally heart broken over this ordeal. I'm alone. I have family but he is my family as it is just the 2 of us. This house is so empty without him here. It's just a very difficult time for me right now.

I'm going down to see Jim today. I called this morning and was told that even though he was restless from 7-11pm, he settled into a good night. His vitals are finally in line to what they should be and he's still heavily sedated.

I saw the bike yesterday. It was not pretty. I saw the scene of the accident and there were no skid marks at all and it's because he blew the whole brake system off the bike. I can't even begin to tell anyone how lucky he is to be alive right now and doing so well even though he's out of it.

I'll update you all later! Please, continue the Prayers for him and I because we will need them for a very long time. God is certainly listening!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Casey, that is absolutely amazing...I'm so happy that he is doing well.

Keep your chin up, I'm sure it's difficult going through this alone, but, based on what I've read in your posts, it sounds like you two are both fighters (in a good way! :goodjob: ) and that's always a good trait, especially at a time like this!

Prayers from NC!

Thank you all for your words.

I don't feel strong at all. I'm so tired and just worn so thin right now. The immediate future just looks so bleak from the financial fall out. I'm doing everything I can and flipping every stone possible to look for relief so that I can get us through this. If it comes down to it and we are on the verge of losing the house and truck, I will sell the pool. I don't want to but it will be a have to if I can not find financial assistance until he can go back to work.

I will muster every ounce of strength I have in my little body to get us through this. I have too.

It's short term and I can get an extension if need be.

Good! You had me worried for a sec :)

Get that started asap (I work in Human Resources) so they most likely will use all available Vacation/sick time first then kick in the short term. It will at least help in the interim :)

He sounds like he is recovering extremely well so far! I am constantly thinking about you so please let me know if you need anything!

clambert, Jim has no more vacation or sick leave. To be honest. he only has 22 hours of vacation time left. I have to wait for the paper work on FMLA from Harrisburg because the state did away with HR issuing them and we have to go through Harrisburg so it won't be until middle of the week when I get them.

so... I just got home from the hospital.

He is doing well. He actually stayed awake for most of our 4 hour visit. He ate for the first time. I fed him rigatonis and meat balls with vegetables and jello. He didn't eat much but he ate half of it. He was also drinking Pepsi and grape pop and a small bag of chips.

They had apparently taken him off the pain killers because he was out of it due to Ativan. They have slowed the Ativan down and are picking up the pain killers now.

I gave him a bed bath because he was rank and he had his head wounds cleaned and re dressed. His wound from the front lobe that spans the side of his head to the crown looked awful. He has a lot of irregular patches of missing skin and staples there. The wounds on the back of his head which were also massive looks amazing! We were very worried about these ones but whoever stapled and stitched them closed gets an A+++!!! His head is black and blue which is to be expected.

The creepiest part about today when Brandon and I went to see Jim. He asked us where Feaz was. I said WHUT?!! He asked where Feaz went because he was there talking to him about what happened. He wanted to know if he was ok.

Feaz died last year in a tragic motorcycle accident. For him to say that Feaz was there... It gave us goose bumps. I looked at Brandon and he looked at me. I mean what do you say to that? Brandon told him Feaz went home and he's okay.

I have a lot of things to do on Monday. I'm going to try and get it all done before I have to go back to work by 3 because I have to work a 12 on Sunday night. I am beat as it is. I don't feel rested when I get up in the morning.

Well sounds like he is coming along marvelously! And don't worry about what he saw... We all have guardians somewhere ;)

You will pull through and so will he :) keep plowing along ( because I know that is what it feels like ). Oh and he has more vacation time than I do :D

Jim has been staying awake more and more as the days pass. He has actually been calling me all day and talking to me. He sounds like he is in his right state of mind with a little forgetfulness which I would imagine is from drugs more than injury. He is anxious to get home too!

I told him again today that the bike will not come home if the insurance company does not total it. If it is not totaled, it will be fixed and TOWED to a Harley Davidson dealership and sold for however much they can get out of it, as long as the loan is paid off, I don't care. I don't want it anymore. More than anything, I can not see my husband in that condition ever again.

This has changed our lives forever. I'm content living a quiet life with him without a bike even though I enjoyed it thoroughly. Seeing him like that has scarred me forever. I will never forget the helplessness and shear terror I felt when that paramedic answered his phone and told me he was in a motorcycle accident. It's just not worth it. Motorcyclist don't get as lucky as he did and he knows it!

Casey that is awesome that he is awake!!! Will keep those good vibes going your way :)

He is recovering extrememly well and I would do the same thing with the bike :/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.