Cedar Park, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have to lower my pump rpm to below 450 in order to not run the swg. Would like to raise that limit and thinking of rotating the sensor so that the flow is at an angle and thinking it will lessen the sensitivity. If so has it worked for you or maybe not?

Chuck,

You should NEVER use the flow switch to shut off the SWCG. It is a Seconday safety device, as back up.. The power to the cell should be removed by a primary safety device when the pump is off, or when you want to SWCG off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just reduce the output.

Turning the flow switch will probably cause it to break off due to flutter induced stress cracking.
Make sense. My Aqua right is some where between 2-5% and producing more than I need at 78 F. Not a big deal, first year with a fully functional swg so still learning the ropes. My calcium is at 1000, fill water 750 so hyper paranoid about ph and swg run times...right now I'm running the pump 24/7 at rpms between 600 (100 watts) and 2400 (1k watts).

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.