Tommie C

Sep 26, 2019
Westchester NY
Hello all

New to site and forum here. I am from Westchester County NY, home of bipolar weather.
I am doing some landscaping and clearing around the home. The missus and i are considering an above ground pool, which i'd like to deck around and match our existing wrap around deck to.
Where is a good place to start.. looking for some pointers and what to expect.
I think we are shooting for a rectangular or oval, 12x20 or something along those lines... what is a good height 42/56... is round better or just personal preferences and space limitations?
i have a lot of researching to do, good thing is we are in no rush, but i'd like to prep during the winter and look into permits etc before the spring time.
So, howdy to all, and any pointers or links you can share would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

Hi Tommie! Welcome to TFP! Sound like you are ready to have your own back yard paradise! Lets get you started out. Go here: Under Construction and start a build thread. Even if you end up not building that is okay. At least it will be an informed decision. Make sure to share a picture or 3 of the area you are thinking to put the pool with any set backs or such noted so we will know where you can or cannot build on.