Robotic Pool cleaners and cord length

Apr 25, 2021
St. Saturnin lès Apt, France
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm trying to understand the size limitations regarding robotic pool cleaners. My pool is fairly large 17m (56') x 6m (20'). I understand if the power cord starts down in one corner, the robot will never make it down to the opposite corner some 18m (60') away if it has a 50' cord. But what if the cord starts in the middle of the long side of the pool? Wouldn't it only need to be 10.4m (35') to reach the corner? It seems a 50' would more than suffice.

I realize a larger pool will take a longer time to clean, but I don't want to lay down the amount for a commercial robot. What am I not understanding? Thanks! - j

What is the advertised length of your cord? Polaris uses 70'. Sure, starting in the middle you are only dealing with width and 1/2 length each direction. The main thing is not to give it too much leash to prevent coiled tangles, which is why most robots advise you to start in the middle per the instructions.

I have a Polaris 280 in our new as of this season pool (approx 18'x36') ands the boost pump connecter is almost at mid pool. In our limited experience so far the cleaner was less likely to get stuck due to the hose coiling if we placed the cleaner on the opposite side of the pool with the hose stretched out. When the installers first set it up they just dropped it into the pool near the quick connect with the hose partially coiled right there and the cleaner got stuck in that spot repeatedly over the next few ours. Since we started placing the Polaris in the pool away from its connector with the hose mostly stretched out we have not seen the same issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.