Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm trying to understand specs and managment of the RJ60+ I recently installed. The manual says production is 3.1 lbs/da. I assume that's max at 100% power for 24 hrs? What is that in PPM/da? Gallons of liquid chlorine? Do reductions in runtime or power result in fairly linear reductions in output? Thanks.

As a rough approximation, 1 gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine is approximately 1 pound of chlorine if that helps. In the PoolMath app, you can go to "Effects of Adding" and select "SWG" (the web version doesn't seem to have the SWG option, but even the free version of the app should). Plugging in your 25,000 gallons, 3.1 lbs/day, at 100% for 24 hours would raise your FC by 15ppm. Switching to "Bleach" at 12.5% and 3.1 gallons also yields 15ppm.

Most SWCGs implement the "power" setting by duty cycling the runtime, so chlorine production should have a very linear relationship to both the power setting and total runtime. Running at 100% for 4 hours is the same as running at 50% for 8 hours (both giving you a 2.5ppm FC addition), with one big caveat -- some SWCGs have a long duty cycle period, so pump/timer runtimes less than that period will not calculate out right. I personally leave my SWCG at 100% and use a cheap WiFi timer to control the total runtime.

Another big caution -- there are many reports here that Circupool SWCGs, especially the supposedly big ones line the RJ60, don't produce nearly as much as claimed, so don't be surprised if that turns out to be the case. You can check it yourself with an Overnight Chlorine Gain Test -- first do an OCLT (loss test) to make sure no losses, then the next night run the SWCG at 100%, test before and after, and extrapolate from the number of hourse.

Reactions: Newdude
I agree with jmaston, my RJ60+ does not produce the advertised amount of chlorine and I have never gotten the gas milage that is on the window sticker. With that said, I have also never run my RJ-60+ over 75%.

As far as cycles go, I don't know if they all have the same software and cycle time, but mine runs a 180 minute cycle, so if I set it up for 50%, it produces for 90 minutes and is idle for 90 minutes, so reducing my run time, so there is no real reduction if I change the run time from 9 hours to 8 hours.

I'm running 10 daytime hrs at 50% power, and if I'm not mistaken the math yields .625x.5x3.1=approx 1 gal/day, and I'm maintaining 6-7 ppm in very high heat. So performance is about what's expected. I initially thought the output was a bit low too. Previously I wasn't using quite that much liquid chlorine but it would drop down to about 4ppm every other day. Much steadier now and the pool looks a lot clearer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.