Rewiring Air Switch / Motor

bbender716

Dec 5, 2023
Chicago, IL
Strange situation here. I decided to DIY fixing my spa pump that never worked since we moved in.

Determined it was a faulty air switch, but the "air switch" that was original was ancient (1993) and looked nothing like the typical TBS standards today.

Long story short, I connected the the new air switch, everything ran for a bit then wouldn't start again. I removed the motor and investigated and the new path of the wires seemed to have gotten sawed through by some part of the motor (one of the two to the air switch to be exact).

I got new wire of the same gauge, reterminated, and plugged it back onto the male terminal I *thought* it came from (on the capacitor). When I attached everything and plugged it in it immediately powered on and scared the bleep out of me.

I'll take a picture of the circuit tomorrow but any ideas on how to determine the right terminal I should reconnect it to? Part of me wants to plug it into a smart switch and only activate it when the tub is filled but I know that's just asking for a disaster.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Waiting for pics.

What model air switch did you install that had the wires cut?

Show us pics of the air switch, motor, and how you fixed things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.