Revisited thread on no power to temp star 400

RCrew80

Apr 10, 2022
Iowa
Long story short, when my heater was hooked up last fall the guy I had hook it up left the 120v plug in the circuit board…..when he wired everything up for 240v. Watched a video saying going thru install and the guy said to make sure and NOT do this otherwise you will kill the heater. Hoping to just be able to swap out a circuit board as this heater is brand new. Figured it out after he left and there was no power to the heater. Any help is appreciated.

Before anyone asks….the guy skipped town and hasn’t been heard from 🤦🏽‍♂️

*Update. I got the pool de-winterized and pump on. I replaced the fuse with oem fuse. Put it in, turned the breaker on and it blew the new fuse. How/what can I check to see if the board is bad.

Thanks

I would start with testing the transformer. Feeding 240V into the transformer wired fir 120V probably fried it.

What is the manufacturing date of the heater? It is on a label on one of the panels. Pentair has changed the wiring on the heater so you need the date to know which manual and wiring diagram applies to your heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.