Return jets and in floor cleaning system

arielj1221

Apr 6, 2024
florida
Hi, first time posting and looking for some help. I’ve noticed that my return lines are only operating intermittently. The return jets will work sometimes and then not. The infloor cleaning system pop up heads will work and then not. We replaced the port valve in the cleaning system and still happening. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.4 KB · Views: 12

Do you actually have wall returns (Eyeballs) in the walls of your pool???

A lot of IFCS use the pop-ups for returns?

If you have wall returns, where is the valve that allows you to switch between IFCS and your pool returns???

When it the last time you cleaned your filter??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes 5 eyeball jets on the walls of pool and 4 eyeball jets in spa that spills over into pool.

Cartridge Filter was just replaced within past couple of weeks.

I’ve included a photo of the return valves. Far left one that is raised is for spa, middle is return lines and left is cleaner. There is also another pipe with no diverter valve that is on far right labeled return but no valve?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 13
Your returns probably do not run when the IFCS water valve is running the pop ups.

The question is what controls the timing of when your IFCS runs.

Show us your pump and the rest of your equipment pad.

@proavia knows his way around these systems.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Post pictures of the entire equipment pad in each pic from a few different angles.

Do you turn any valves on/off to redirect the return flow from IFCS to returns?

It appears you have a heater bypass - third pic in post #1.
However, if you bypass the heater, the SWG won't have any flow.
When not using the heater, it would be best to bypass the heater to improve flow to the IFCS.
The SWG should not be between the heater and any bypass valves.

Update your signature to include ALL equipment (manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.

1712417687961.png

Looking at your pic above...

The raised valve on the left is your "Return" valve.. It selects either Pool or Spa, currently in the Pool mode
The first valve to the right of the Return valve, I suspect is the valve that controls the amount of spillover your spa has when in the Pool mode..
The next valve to the right is labeled Cleaner..
The valve on the far right is your normal wall pool returns.

It does not look like you can shut the wall returns off.. But with all the water going to your spa spillover, your cleaner, and your returns, I am not sure there is enough water to run everything at the same time.. (Kind of why I asked about your filter..)

Is your water clear, cloudy or green??

As a quick test, shut off the valve second valve from the left (Spillover) and see how well your wall returns work with the cleaner off.. Then open the cleaner valve, and see how well the wall returns work with the cleaner on.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi, first time posting and looking for some help. I’ve noticed that my return lines are only operating intermittently. The return jets will work sometimes and then not. The infloor cleaning system pop up heads will work and then not. We replaced the port valve in the cleaning system and still happening. Any ideas?
Have only seen it once, but one of the ports in the IFCS distribution valve may be open to the wall returns, so they will be a part of the cycle. It was a smaller pool that didn't need all the cleaning heads that the valve could supply.

Have only seen it once, but one of the ports in the IFCS distribution valve may be open to the wall returns, so they will be a part of the cycle. It was a smaller pool that didn't need all the cleaning heads that the valve could supply.
It is likely this scenario. Mine was initially configured in this manner, although I have 2 distribution valves. I did eventually add a 3-way jandy valve and a check valve to bypass the IFCS completely to the wall returns, so I didn't have to run through the distribution valves 24/7.

--Jeff