Return jet functioning

braudpool

Jan 21, 2018
Tyler, TX
Hi,

I have only one return jet working but it’s very high pressure. My return side has a jets valve and a water feature valve. My water feature works fine but only one return jet is working with great pressure. The nearest return jet to the working one has s a tiny bit of negative pressure/suction. Any ideas?

Thank y’all

Post pics of your equipment pad. Especially the return valve area.

And pics of the pool showing where the returns are.

How many returns does the pool have?

Reactions: braudpool
Post pics of your equipment pad. Especially the return valve area.

And pics of the pool showing where the returns are.

How many returns does the pool have?
Thanks for the reply. I’ve taken picture of valves and the aerial view shows location of one working and three non working jets. Let me know if additional pics are needed.

Attachments

• 64102B21-5415-4ED9-8BF5-1B87BF5E842C.jpeg
    64102B21-5415-4ED9-8BF5-1B87BF5E842C.jpeg
    840 KB · Views: 18
  • 94917AC1-6FB4-48B4-99C3-EE61A8312A0F.jpeg
    94917AC1-6FB4-48B4-99C3-EE61A8312A0F.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
  • D715E540-F585-4A97-8104-D288F8D5F4A6.jpeg
    D715E540-F585-4A97-8104-D288F8D5F4A6.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 7
Right valve to your skimmers and left valve to your water feature?

Why is the skimmer water flow only open about 50%?

Do you know if the piping to the return is all schedule 40 solid PVC or could there be flex PVC there?

With only one feed to the returns it is likely you have a collapsed pipe in the return water loop.

64102b21-5415-4ed9-8bf5-1b87bf5e842c-jpeg.509712

Right valve to your skimmers and left valve to your water feature?

Why is the skimmer water flow only open about 50%?

Do you know if the piping to the return is all schedule 40 solid PVC or could there be flex PVC there?

With only one feed to the returns it is likely you have a collapsed pipe in the return water loop.
Ok, so you're response got me thinking. I've found the problem. The left valve is to the water feature, the right valve is to the return jets. If you refer to the picture of the entire setup you will see there is a black pool cleaner pump. The previous owners bought a robot and thus must have replaced the hookup with a normal jet return. The problem is that the cleaner pump's intake is off of the pool jet return. This explains the high pressure from this jet and the negative pressure on the three remaining jets. So I guess I'll just have to turn off that pool cleaner pump. That sound like a fair plan? Thanks for your suggestions. IMG_89601.jpg

Ok, so you're response got me thinking. I've found the problem. The left valve is to the water feature, the right valve is to the return jets. If you refer to the picture of the entire setup you will see there is a black pool cleaner pump. The previous owners bought a robot and thus must have replaced the hookup with a normal jet return. The problem is that the cleaner pump's intake is off of the pool jet return. This explains the high pressure from this jet and the negative pressure on the three remaining jets. So I guess I'll just have to turn off that pool cleaner pump. That sound like a fair plan? Thanks for your suggestions. View attachment 509849
Glad you figured it out.

Disconnect the hose below the valve feeding the booster pump and put a cap on the T to close off the T.

Reactions: braudpool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.