Return Eyeballs for 1 inch returns

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
I have 2 1" pvc returns with no eyeballs, just straight pipe. My cleaning flow around the pool could probably be improved. I'm having the pool re-plastered in a couple weeks.

It looks like I maybe can find one inch eyeballs, but they're all glue in, and that seems like a big step considering maybe there's a reason there's no eyeballs currently.

Are there any other options? Anything they can do while they're redoing the plaster? Any sort of pressure fit or something 1 inch? I get that the pressure would push it out but maybe there's something that can expand to grab the pipe?

Thanks.

If the pipe coming out of the pool wall has a 1" ID, I don't think you find any eyeballs that will fit that. Most eyeballs are for 1 1/2" ID pipe. Do you have a link to the eyeballs you are looking at?

Last edited:
If the pipe coming out of the pool wall has a 1" ID, I don't think you find any eyeballs that will fit that. Most eyeballs are for 1 1/2" ID pipe. Do you have a link to the eyeballs you are looking at?

It's unclear if it would work or not, the listing is inconsistent.

I would give Inyo a call and see if it indeed fits a 1" pipe but I would have them actually measure the slip fitting diameter (not the hole).

Check out the link below. I know nothing about the vendor, but it looks like they carry 1" "self-aligning" inlet fittings. Self-aligning fittings are made to be held in by friction.

Check out the link below. I know nothing about the vendor, but it looks like they carry 1" "self-aligning" inlet fittings. Self-aligning fittings are made to be held in by friction.

I'll check that out, thanks. And maybe my builder has something, since it maybe exists.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.