Bronze Supporter
Feb 12, 2019
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m in need of some help regarding Paramount products. I have an in-ground concrete/plaster spa that is in process of being replastered. When originally constructed in 2008/2009 the builder installed an MDX drain (original version, with sump) in the floor and an SDX drain (plumbed to the sump) on the sidewall. The MDX was used in this application because of its high flow rate and low profile on the floor of the spa. There has never been a need for debris removal. It’s clear the MDX guts (cover, support, leveling ring and flexible boot) have deteriorated and cannot be reinstalled. The sump is still usable. My hope is that there on some way to install an SDX2 over the MDX sump. That would preserve the high flow rate needed at the expense of somewhat higher protrusion from the floor. A new SDX2 will be placed on the sidewall. Is there some type of retrofit option you can suggest for this application?

I’m in need of some help regarding Paramount products. I have an in-ground concrete/plaster spa that is in process of being replastered. When originally constructed in 2008/2009 the builder installed an MDX drain (original version, with sump) in the floor and an SDX drain (plumbed to the sump) on the sidewall. The MDX was used in this application because of its high flow rate and low profile on the floor of the spa. There has never been a need for debris removal. It’s clear the MDX guts (cover, support, leveling ring and flexible boot) have deteriorated and cannot be reinstalled. The sump is still usable. My hope is that there on some way to install an SDX2 over the MDX sump. That would preserve the high flow rate needed at the expense of somewhat higher protrusion from the floor. A new SDX2 will be placed on the sidewall. Is there some type of retrofit option you can suggest for this application?
If the area above the sump is level with the pool floor, and SDXRetro can be installed over it. Would require a bit of drilling to attach the cover mounting plate. In this area, most replasters include splitting the main drains or installing a channel drain.

Do you by chance have pictures of the guts of the drain. We’ve been looking for years for a replacement after a pool tech stole our and extorted us to buy the piece of junk mdx2. I’m trying to figure out if it be possible to 3d print a new drain if we had the dimensions of the original

Do you by chance have pictures of the guts of the drain. We’ve been looking for years for a replacement after a pool tech stole our and extorted us to buy the piece of junk mdx2. I’m trying to figure out if it be possible to 3d print a new drain if we had the dimensions of the original
I'll be happy to send you my MDX guts (you pay shipping from Austin, TX) once I confirm what we'll be replacing it with. This should be soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.