Replaster Around Hydrostatic Plug

Jun 30, 2015
Washington/DC
Looking for input here before I push further with the contractor. Just had our pool replastered and my recollection was the old plaster was flush even with the plugs (I presume these are hyrdostatic valves/plugs or some sort). The new plaster appears to come above and there are "divots" around the plugs. They don't even look smooth. See attached pictures. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Plug 2.jpg
    Plug 2.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Plug1.jpg
    Plug1.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 27
They cannot get the new plaster even with the plug when putting a new layer on plaster on top of the old.

Any pictures of the prep?

Usually the old plaster is chipped back 4-6" around all fittings/lights/etc to help hide the elevation difference.
Here is a shot (not great) that I took right before they started spraying. They had chipped away around the fittings, tiles, etc... as well as removing hallowed out spots (old plaster was 17 year old standard white based upon records from prior owners). They seemed to have done a decent job (I was out of town the prep day so didn't witness exactly what they did), except looking at this now, I do wonder if they could have done better around the plugs. I'm guessing this is chalk it up to lesson learned and likely no one but me will notice once the pool is filled.

Attachments

• Pre Plaster.jpg
    Pre Plaster.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 10
I’d let it go. There’s only so much bandwidth for worry about these small things. Unless you feel you can’t get past it, move on.

Reactions: drobbva