Replacing the Chlorinator

samjesse

Feb 14, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hi
My Salt Chlorinator screen shows =========== at the top. It has been fixed before by replacing the borad at the local pool shop. I think it is time to replace it with a new one. any recommendation would be much appriciated.

I went back after 2 hours to check, and found it working. sigh. Now sure what is going on.

Thanks

Last edited:
No idea what ====== means. If it was fixed with a board replacement last time, it's probably the same thing again. Maybe just a bad solder joint, if it's intermittent? Is there still warranty on it?

Is the chlorinator still producing while the display shows garbage?

Never heard of Leisure Pools, seems to be just a distributor. In your media items, I found pictures of cell and control unit. Cell definitely looks like AstralPool, and based on the buttons and the display on the control unit, it's probably a rebranded AstralPool Viron VX7T.

I used to have the predecessor VX7T that was still branded as Hurlcon, before it was taken over by AstralPool. Pretty reliable work horse. Before I replaced it beginning of the year (after 17 years of service), the display was sometimes failing (some missing lines within digits) when warming up while directly hit by sun. It was still producing normally when that happened. And once the sun had moved on, display went back to normal. Just ignored it, but put it on my mental list of reasons why I should buy a new chlorinator soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.