Mollyj

Nov 14, 2014
Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In last weeks hailstorm, the top copings of our semi in ground pool got damaged. It isn't a huge lot of damage but they aren't covered by our insurance (So not happy about that - new for old policy and it's not covered??) so right now, I don't want to spend out and replace them. Is there any way to repair the holes in the copings or will I have to remove them all? I was going o be replacing them at some point anyhow as they are looking a little tired and weather worn.

Is there an alternative to the plastic copings with a better "shelf life" ? Or a better look? Also, one of the galvanised metal bars underneath the copings is rusting slightly, so I'm figuring that this would need changing too? Thanks in advance for any help. At least I can still swim and will cover the holes with duct tape until we find time to repair them properly.

Hi Kimkats, they are made of resin, I'll get a picture later today. We did think of using a plastic putty type material to block to holes then sand them. That way, they wold be good for now and later we can paint them. I have an oval partially unground pool with 16 of these copings, 8 have been damaged, the top skimmer box was also damaged but I'm not too bothered about that as I'd already broken it once anyhow. Here's is a picture of the copings during construction. The holes are between 30mm up to 60mm

Attachments

• Pool Copings during construction.jpeg
    Pool Copings during construction.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.