Replacing liner.

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I have owned this pool for two years and from day one of me owning it I have been using the TFP method. I know the previous owner used tablets and powder shock. One side of the pool floor is bleached almost white. One corner of the pool has started to rip. I patched a very small hole this past spring about a 1/4 inch in diameter but noticed tonight a very large hole. I need to know what I should do in the mean time until I get the liner replaced next spring. Should I patch it somehow or just let it be? I will be installing my solid cover once the water temp drops. Also, what else should I have checked when the liner is being replaced? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Here is a pic of the liner....
895ac8d4a7cc310a11567062f32a291a.jpg

Thats not a bad idea! I wanted to get thru this season, which I have and possibly next season before changing the liner. I think I will at least put some of that tape over the hole to keep water from getting behind the liner over winter. I have a solid cover so it typically doesnt fill back up, but you never know for sure until you open it in the spring. The liner if very hard in this corner for some reason. The rest still feels like a new liner. It has about a dozen patches in the deep end where I believe the previous owners dog tried to get out of the pool. The liner was installed in 2009, so it is close to the life span of a liner, from what I have read online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.