Replacing Jandy 12V LED Light with Incandescent - 100W or 300W?

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi - I posted previously about my Jandy LED Watercolor Lights dying within ~3 years. I have decided to fully replace each light unit with the 12V incandescent lights, which come in 100W and 300W versions.

First, does anyone know if the 100W and 300W lights are the same light units, just with different bulbs, are they actually different light units altogether?

Secondly, any feedback on the 100W vs 300W? The LED lights weren't that bright and, therefore, I have two full size lights in my relatively small pool. So, I was assuming the 100W will be sufficient?

Thanks for any feedback!

Tel,

I believe the incandescent have a larger niche. Did you have this and convert to LED? If not have you looked at what it takes to get the niche added? Seems like a big job to me.

Chris

Chris - the tech specs on the Watercolors (my existing LED) and the Jandy incandescent are the same: "ETL listed to be installed in ProNiche or other manufacturer's niches", so I think the incandescent units should be fine in the standard Jandy niche?

Kim - thanks, look forward to a response!

According to Jandy, the 12v 300w and 100w are the same fixture and the bulbs are interchangeable. What is the size of your pool? Is the color of the pool surface light or dark? That will help determine if you need two 100w or 300w lights.

Hi Rob - thanks for the reply.

I found an old photo, because the shape is irregular. The red arrows indicate the light locations. The green line is about 23' long and I think the yellow lines are ~13' long. The finish is a light/medium blue pebble sheen.

Pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.