Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2022
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My spa drains back into the pool overnight. I suspect this check valve, which appears to have been replaced before, is the problem. It's in a tight spot plumbing-wise, so I'm curious if it's possible to remove the PVC elbow from the jandy 3 way valve, and reconnect a new fitting into a new check valve? If I have to remove the jandy it becomes a larger project with a lot of knock on fitting replacement.

Attachments

• PXL_20231018_124236592.jpg
    PXL_20231018_124236592.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 18
I would 2 things.
First cut the pipe with a saw or electric cutter. This allows you to have more freedom to do the next step. Use a heat gun and heat the external part of coupling and peel back the coupling on each pipe.

Second - consider the replacement check valve to be a Jandy type. It looks like the valve but instead of the valve internals, there a check valve and it will be replaceable so no need to do this again.
IMG_0384.jpeg

It's a spillover. This is the single spillover return line that is in the spa.

I would like to put a jandy in there, but need to double check what orientation they need to be at. The water direction is downward in that pipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.