Jun 22, 2022
North Carolina
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hey all, after troubleshooting - I believe my thermistor needs to be replaced. Our Aquatrol system (AQ-TROL-RJ) suddenly stopped producing chlorine, showed 0 ppm salt, 0 sanity and 0 amps.

This thread was so helpful! Aquarite - Diagnose & Troubleshoot your own Main Board

Upon further inspection, the measured voltage and the voltage reading on the display did not match the voltage reading across the black and red terminals. System is showing 31.7 while the multimeter reading is 30.2. Our current thermistor is MF73T-1. I am seeing AquaRite thermistors SL32 and AS32 2R025. Will either one of these work as a replacement?

. I am seeing AquaRite thermistors SL32 and AS32 2R025. Will either one of these work as a replacement?

Yes.

Thermistor is a AS32 2R025.

You can also use a SL32 2R025,which is easier to install.

SL32 2R025 Ametherm | Circuit Protection | DigiKey

The part cost is $2.50 and the repair takes about 15 min. You can cut the legs of the old one and solder the new one to them at a 90 degree angle standing away from the board. It's easier to do and allows for better cooling

Reactions: NWMNMom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.