Replacing an old iRobot pool cleaner from 2007 - need recommendations

gadgetlady

Mar 25, 2020
Irving, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We have a small pool. Purchased a first gen iRobot in 2007. It worked great, and then we stopped using the pool a lot and it sat outside in the elements for years. We started using it again and it still worked (!) until I stupidly put it in the pool without its filter. Destroyed the darn thing. Replaced it in 2018 with a refurbished Verro 500 - again a stupid decision, because now it is not working.

I want to get a new robot with a good warranty - at least 2-3 years or more if possible. I'd like it to have a cord that doesn't tangle or need to get straightened out all the time. Also would like something programmable, maybe runs on a timer or via an app? Would like it to do walls and stairs if at all possible. The pool is very small so it does have some tight areas. I like my pool to be super clean, so I will probably run it more frequently than most people would, to clear out not only leaves and debris, but also calcium particles from the salt system - so a fine particle filter is needed.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.