Miguel W

Jun 9, 2021
Ridgefield, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I live in southeast Connecticut and my winter pool cover need to be replaced. I inherited the old cover, which is very tired and hole ridden, when I bought my house 18 months ago. I have done some initial web searching and it seems as though a lot of covers are ordered by pool owners through the company that services their pools. I would like to bypass the service company that I use part of the summer-they gave me an estimate that made me almost keel over...
Are there reputable companies that can take my old cover as a template and make a quality pool cover for a reasonable price? Any ideas?
Thx

Let's start with, what price did you get? And what do you consider reasonable ?

These 2 details could drastically change the convo. :)

$3500-5000
As in, that's what you consider reasonable and they quoted you $15k ? Or you want the several years ago generic rectangle cover from a reseller for $800 and they quoted you $3500-5000 for a custom fit and installed cover ?

Again, the details mean alot. 😁 actually there are others too.

1) shape of pool. Is the cover an off the shelf rectangle, or a truly custom one off job?

2) size of pool ? A 25x50 or a 12x24 could be a rather large difference.

3) quoted price ?

4) preferred price ?

Reactions: newdude
Here's photo of the pool, covered and uncovered. The maximum dimensions of the winter cover are 42' by 32'. I looked for a manufacturer's tag but didn't see one. What is the most cost effective way of having a new cover made by using the old cover as a template?
Thx

Attachments

• IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6703.JPG
    IMG_6703.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 12
Here's photo of the pool, covered and uncovered. The maximum dimensions of the winter cover are 42' by 32'. I looked for a manufacturer's tag but didn't see one. What is the most cost effective way of having a new cover made by using the old cover as a template?
Thx
Realistically a pool cover like that is going to cost $3k-ish. I’m in the same boat.

Reactions: newdude
What is the most cost effective way of having a new cover made by using the old cover as a template?
Loop loc is in Happauge NY and not that far from you so maybe shipping wouldn't be so bad and you could then deal with them directly. But they aren't what anyone would consider 'cheap', and your honking beauty of a pool needs some fabric to cover it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.