replacing 2 speed pump with tristar vsp need wiring diagram for inside the aqua plus

wyskielk

Aug 26, 2023
Williamsburg, virginia
Can any one show me the inside of the aqua plus wiring diagram for install of the tristar vsp. the paperwork that comes with the new pump is less than helpful. the old 2 speed had L1, L2, A and ground connections, the new vsp has only L1 and L2 connections plus ground. need to know how to hook this into the aqua plus and still be able to use the salt chlorinator and pool light. I am okay with using the pump in standalone as long as my chlorinator and light will function.

Welcome to TFP.

Post pics of the Aquaplus wiring, old pump wiring, and new pump.

Your two speed pump power is wired through a 2 speed relay. The wiring needs to be changed so A is removed and L1 and L2 connect to the LINE screws of your filter pump relay.

Basically, you can remove all of the wiring to the relays and just wire the pump directly to the breaker.

Run green to ground.

Change the filter configuration to variable speed pump.

Wire the communication cable as shown in the manual.

Note: This is not advice or instructions.

It is simply an opinion and a general idea about what I think needs to be done.

Do your own research before deciding what to do or how to do it.

Do not rely on anything I say.

All work is at your own responsibility and your own risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.