In The Industry
Apr 14, 2022
Flowood Mississippi
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a residential customer with an in-ground, 35,000 gallon vinyl lined pool. They have an older Outdoor Pro wet end connected to a single speed RECHAMPS--115 1.5 HP motor (US Motors 1081 POOL MOTOR). The thing is making a lot of noise and the flow has plummeted to nearly nothing. As the whole thing is old and the customer is 30 miles out in the woods, I am inclined to just replace the whole thing but with what? Pricing is all over the place from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. I have recently had some bad experiences on the commercial side with Pentair weaseling out of their warranties and am done with that brand. The customer is a disabled vet and a hospice nurse. They are not rolling in money. What should I buy them?

I have a residential customer with an in-ground, 35,000 gallon vinyl lined pool. They have an older Outdoor Pro wet end connected to a single speed RECHAMPS--115 1.5 HP motor (US Motors 1081 POOL MOTOR). The thing is making a lot of noise and the flow has plummeted to nearly nothing. As the whole thing is old and the customer is 30 miles out in the woods, I am inclined to just replace the whole thing but with what? Pricing is all over the place from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. I have recently had some bad experiences on the commercial side with Pentair weaseling out of their warranties and am done with that brand. The customer is a disabled vet and a hospice nurse. They are not rolling in money. What should I buy them?
Waterway CHAMPS-115 pump, or was a motor with that label stuck on an older wet end? Outdoor Pro could be a private-label that Waterway supplied, they did that a lot in the past.
A 1081 motor is just a square-flange pool motor, US Motors (now Nidec) and Century make them as well as others. A picture would help. What is the impeller size, or number, in the pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.