Replacement liner help

Srss7601

May 20, 2020
Perrysburg, OH
I was in the process of Slamming my pool for the season. Water was clearing up. I stared loosing water. 3-4” a night. I found a very large tear in the slope corner going into the deep end.(16x32 with 4 slopes in the deep end)Tear appears to be about 2’ and about 1/4 the way down from shallow end. The issue I have is I can not get an installer to replace until mid July. Liner is about 8-9 yrs old and replacement is due. Question is it ok to let water drain and pool left empty for that long? I can not even attempt a patch with out water going down as the liner has wrinkled up bad in the area. Do I let it drain then patch with very large pieces of liner and fill back up? Or just let it sit empty with winter safety cover back on until July? -Great start to summer!

Your risk is the water in the pool helps support the pool walls. Without water in the pool a wall can collapse into the pool. Only you know your soil conditions and if a storm can cause a wall collapse.

The safest thing is to get some type of patch on the tear and refill it with water.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.