Replacement lighting?

Oct 14, 2016
Virginia Beach
I need to replace the amerilite housing for our pool light. There is some corrosion at the base due to a water leak and subsequently, the Florida Sunseeker LED bulb I had in there went bad. I'm either looking at 2 options:

1. Get a replacement Amerilite housing and another Florida Sunseeker bulb
2. Get something like this from Florida Sunseeker: PoolTone⢠Standard 16 Color LED Pool Light 12 or 120V 15-150 FT Cord

I don't have any automation so compatibility isn't a concern. Are there better options? I'm not really interested in going back to a halogen light.

Thanks!

Can someone confirm that the 784 Amerilite housing is what I need please? The series' listed on the sticker is showing something else. Thank you.
Looks like a standard Amerilite fixture. If the face plate has the same markings, it is an Amerilite with an Amerilite niche, and there are many, many, lights that will fit that niche as it has become the standard in pool lighting.
The one on Florida Sunseeker also looks like a standard Amerilite with a replacement bulb (many companies have sold them that way).
You will always get a bulb with any light that is purchased. The one on the Florida site is an excellent one as it comes with a color LED bulb (if that is what is wanted) already assembled. That can be replaced with another or a standard white when it goes bad.
The light itself, with a 100' cord is available for less than $300.00 on Amazon. You could then add any color or white LED you want at a lesser cost than the one at Florida Sunseeker. Another option. If you do it that way, be sure to get a silicone gasket for the light. They're much better than OEM.
Be sure to measure the distance from the pool to the junction box, or your existing cord. Remember that you need about 3 feet to wrap around the fixture when it is installed and about another 3 feet from the ground into the j-box. Then if it is close to one of the lengths of cord listed, get the longer one. You can't splice if the cord is short. Don't try to save a little money by hoping the cord will be long enough.

Looks like a standard Amerilite fixture. If the face plate has the same markings, it is an Amerilite with an Amerilite niche, and there are many, many, lights that will fit that niche as it has become the standard in pool lighting.
The one on Florida Sunseeker also looks like a standard Amerilite with a replacement bulb (many companies have sold them that way).
You will always get a bulb with any light that is purchased. The one on the Florida site is an excellent one as it comes with a color LED bulb (if that is what is wanted) already assembled. That can be replaced with another or a standard white when it goes bad.
The light itself, with a 100' cord is available for less than $300.00 on Amazon. You could then add any color or white LED you want at a lesser cost than the one at Florida Sunseeker. Another option. If you do it that way, be sure to get a silicone gasket for the light. They're much better than OEM.
Be sure to measure the distance from the pool to the junction box, or your existing cord. Remember that you need about 3 feet to wrap around the fixture when it is installed and about another 3 feet from the ground into the j-box. Then if it is close to one of the lengths of cord listed, get the longer one. You can't splice if the cord is short. Don't try to save a little money by hoping the cord will be long enough.
Thanks very much for that response. I previously had this bulb in my leaking light:

I liked it just fine, but after I bought it, I read some discussion on here about UL listings and how Florida SS does not have the certification. I thought on this go-around, I might try the J and J bulb that ajw22 mentioned above.

So this housing:

And this bulb:

Also, thanks for the tip with the silicone ring and longer cord

Thanks very much for that response. I previously had this bulb in my leaking light:

I liked it just fine, but after I bought it, I read some discussion on here about UL listings and how Florida SS does not have the certification. I thought on this go-around, I might try the J and J bulb that ajw22 mentioned above.

So this housing:

And this bulb:

Also, thanks for the tip with the silicone ring and longer cord
Good choice. That is an excellent price for that J&J bulb.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support