Replacement agp bonding

May 18, 2015
pittsburgh pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So since as mentioned in a prior thread my pool of 16 years rusted out and I have a new one being installed tomorrow.

The old pool was bonded to one of the uprights by the pump, then attached to the pump.

Is it a simple as them just attaching that copper wire to the new upright, or is there something more that's needed or am electrician to do that? All the electrical is existing from when the pool and electric was put in 2006.

Will your new pool require a permit and inspection following the NEC?

The NEC has changed bonding requirements for above ground pools a few times sine 2006.

Last edited:
Our old AG pool had the same type of bonding as your old pool. We needed permits for our new pool and the electrical did change a bit as ajw22 said. We needed a bonding wire in the ground 18 to 24 inches away from the pool wall along with water bonding. We also needed a switch for shutting the filter off .... no longer just pulling the plug. I was totally surprised by the changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.