Replaced filter cartridges and easy touch stopped turning on pump

Adam,

Show me some pics of your EasyTouch with the top panel dropped down.. Like this..

I want to see the wiring around J20 (com port) and the surge card that may be mounted to the back wall of your EasyTouch..

What I do know about IFCS is that they have a control module (dome) at the equipment pad that tells specific heads to pop up in a sequence.. If only three of them pump up, it sounds like that control module may not be working correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Yes I guess it is the IFCS the "jets" im referring to. Only 3 out of ten work.

I can confirm that I do have intermittent communication to the pump and Et, because now it is back to no comm, and the screenlogic can't communicate again, what would cause this?

I cannot send pump speed at the moment, because the screen logic can't comm w pump again. I do remember there is 3200 or so high speed and like 1800 for low speed, then it says spillway rpms.
The spillway is always running at any speed the pump is on. Not sure If I can actually prevent that, or I just dont understand what spillway means.

The floating device is chlorine tab floater that has a solar powered battery and it turns on at night. The device that's connected to the wall is called "Pool Skim" it allows my return to act
as a skimmer, so my skimmer can be utilized for the pool vacuum. I do not have enough salt in the pool, and I plan to drain and refill by next summer, so I don't want to add more salt.
I do have a salt cell though, and I don't use the heater.

The "booster" pump button controls a second pump that has a valve that goes between the waterfall and the return that the PoolSkim is connected to and varies the power they each have.

Jim can help you sort the ET/ScreenLogic issues.

Where in AZ are you?

Who is the manufacturer of the IFCS?
Do you have separate returns - in addition to the IFCS? If you don't have separate returns, you will need to use the IFCS piping (regardless if the IFCS is working correctly) to return water to the pool.

When you say "Only 3 out of ten work".....
  • Are those three all on the same zone?
  • What RPM are you running the pump at to attain sufficient IFCS flow and for how long are you running the pump at that higher speed?
  • How many ports is your water valve?
  • Post a few pics of your equipment pad and the IFCS water distribution valve.
You may need a few new IFCS popups or the water valve innards (gearset) many need to be replaced. But we need a bit more info first.....

Adam,

Show me some pics of your EasyTouch with the top panel dropped down.. Like this..

I want to see the wiring around J20 (com port) and the surge card that may be mounted to the back wall of your EasyTouch..

What I do know about IFCS is that they have a control module (dome) at the equipment pad that tells specific heads to pop up in a sequence.. If only three of them pump up, it sounds like that control module may not be working correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
Here is the picture I believe you need, this morning the ET is back to communicating with the pump. I do have that controller for the IFCS.

Attachments

• 20230815_125005.jpg
    20230815_125005.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230815_125009.jpg
    20230815_125009.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230818_145502.jpg
    20230818_145502.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 3
Jim can help you sort the ET/ScreenLogic issues.

Where in AZ are you?

Who is the manufacturer of the IFCS?
Do you have separate returns - in addition to the IFCS? If you don't have separate returns, you will need to use the IFCS piping (regardless if the IFCS is working correctly) to return water to the pool.

When you say "Only 3 out of ten work".....
  • Are those three all on the same zone?
  • What RPM are you running the pump at to attain sufficient IFCS flow and for how long are you running the pump at that higher speed?
  • How many ports is your water valve?
  • Post a few pics of your equipment pad and the IFCS water distribution valve.
You may need a few new IFCS popups or the water valve innards (gearset) many need to be replaced. But we need a bit more info first.....
Hello,
I am in SanTan, Presidential pools built all this, I am in communication with them to see if they'll look at the IFCS.
I am not the original owner, I have one major return from what I can tell that I use for a pool skim device. Also, there are many
returns in the spa, that then spill over to the pool. Yes, all the jets that work are next to one another and there about 10 others that
do not open ever. I am leaning towards it being related to the gearset you speak of, because I run the pool at 3000 plus rpms at
times and they never open. I broke a tool trying to pry one open last year to attempt to replace it.

Not sure how many ports the water valve is, I will have to research what that means exactly.

thanks.

Attachments

• 20230818_145509.jpg
    20230818_145509.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230818_145502.jpg
    20230818_145502.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230814_181123.jpg
    20230814_181123.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 2
Your water valve looks to be a Blue Square unit - especially since Presidential built the pool and that is the IFCS they've used for a while now.

Rumor is Presidential helped start Blue Square.

Blue Square is located in Chandler, NE of Arizona Ave and Elliott.
Blue Square Manufacturing
3344 N Nevada St, Chandler, AZ 85225
(480) 612-6880

Give them a call on Monday and discuss your issue with them.

Replacing the gearset is a pretty easy DIY task. Of course, it could be something easier, like the impeller in the water valve. Are you comfortable opening up the water valve?

This may be the manual for your IFCS

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Adam,

Thanks for the pics.. What I was lookin for is the cable coming from your pump. I do not see it in the pics, but my guess is that it is connected to what is called a Surge card mounted to the back wall of the EasyTouch and it looks like this..

I suggest that you take a small screwdriver and tighten all of the com port connector screws...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your water valve looks to be a Blue Square unit - especially since Presidential built the pool and that is the IFCS they've used for a while now.

Rumor is Presidential helped start Blue Square.

Blue Square is located in Chandler, NE of Arizona Ave and Elliott.
Blue Square Manufacturing
3344 N Nevada St, Chandler, AZ 85225
(480) 612-6880

Give them a call on Monday and discuss your issue with them.

Replacing the gearset is a pretty easy DIY task. Of course, it could be something easier, like the impeller in the water valve. Are you comfortable opening up the water valve?

This may be the manual for your IFCS
Yes, I can handle it, thank you for the info I will them a call Monday.

Yes, I can handle it, thank you for the info I will them a call Monday.
Great - in the meantime, open up the water valve and see if you can identify the problem. Be sure to have some pool lube on hand to re-lube the water valve O-ring.

If only a few heads in one area of the pool are popping up, there is a problem inside the water valve.

Jim,
Here is the picture I believe you need, this morning the ET is back to communicating with the pump. I do have that controller for the IFCS.
Jim,
I think this is it, it was mounted to the back of the ET. I could have probably gotten a better pic, further out. I will go through the screw and tighten them, maybe that's the reason it's works half the time.
It did always work until very recently, that's what puzzles me most.

Attachments

• 20230818_162629.jpg
    20230818_162629.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230818_162622.jpg
    20230818_162622.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 2
Adam,

Your pump is connected to the bottom connector with just two wires.. At surge card JP3.

So basically, J20 on the main card is connected to JP2 on the Surge card, which then sends the speed commands out of JP3 back to the pump.

One thing you could do, as a test, is to unplug J20 on the main card and then remove the connector on JP3 and put it on the main card J20.. This would mean that the only thing connected to your RS-485 com port would be the main card and just the pump. If the problem continued, you'd know that it has to be a bad EasyTouch board or a bad pump, but it would eliminate everything else. If you did this, the SWCG and ScreenLogic will not work.. And this would need to be done with the power off.

Just something to think about if the intermittent problems continues as a way to troubleshoot the problem. Not something that has to be done now..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Adam,

Your pump is connected to the bottom connector with just two wires.. At surge card JP3.

So basically, J20 on the main card is connected to JP2 on the Surge card, which then sends the speed commands out of JP3 back to the pump.

One thing you could do, as a test, is to unplug J20 on the main card and then remove the connector on JP3 and put it on the main card J20.. This would mean that the only thing connected to your RS-485 com port would be the main card and just the pump. If the problem continued, you'd know that it has to be a bad EasyTouch board or a bad pump, but it would eliminate everything else. If you did this, the SWCG and ScreenLogic will not work.. And this would need to be done with the power off.

Just something to think about if the intermittent problems continues as a way to troubleshoot the problem. Not something that has to be done now..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely give it a go, when I have enough time. I'll be out of town for a week, then il lsee what happens.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Diverter for IFCS may be stuck. That's the thing looks kind of like a mushroom with a bunch of pipes on bottom.
That device cycles water to the floor jets, usually 3 at a time. Having only 3 working, seems like that could be the culprit.
The gear mechanism inside needs to be replaced every few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.